Life Goes ON: The Soundtrack of My Life

 

Music has long been recognized for its healing power. It has been used for centuries as a form of therapy to help people heal emotionally, physically, and mentally.

   Music can heal the wounds that medicine cannot touch

Debasish Mridha

Music in my life:

Music has always been a huge part of my life. It has helped me to escape from reality when the stress and pressure becomes too much. Throughout my life music has worked as a companion and a source of comfort and inspiration for me. It has helped me heal myself and grow into the person I am today. As I talk about the role music has played in my life there is one artist that has influenced my life in countless ways. That is BTS.

Who are BTS:



BTS(방탄소년) is a South Korean boyband which consists of seven members RM, Jin, Suga, J-hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook. Since their debut in 2013, they have been known for promoting messages of self-love, mental health, and social justice through their music.

Impact of BTS in my life:

In 2020, when the world was suffering from the ongoing pandemic, it was very difficult for me to find hope and comfort amid so much uncertainty. It was as if my life had come to a stop, and I did not have any idea what to do or where to go from there. It was during that time when BTS’s music became the source of solace for me. Their stories and lyrics helped me to get through this hardest phase of my life, especially their song named “Life GoesOn”.

Life Goes On:

In November 2020, “Life Goes On” was released as the lead single from their album named “BE”. This song reflects on the emotions and experiences of BTS during the pandemic. I remember crying when I first listened to this song. I was so incredibly moved by the message of hope and resilience in this song. The lines “Like an echo in the forest, the day will come back around, as if nothing happened”, in the song expresses that just the way how echoes come back, good days are also inevitable to return despite having lost them in the difficulty of the situation. This message resonated deeply within me as I struggled to cope with the changes brought in my life by pandemic.

How BTS’s Songs helped Me Heal:

BTS’s music and the messages behind their lyrics have always had a positive impact on my life. They have heavily influenced my mental health too. They often talk about topics like mental health, anxiety, depression in their songs, which helped me to address my emotions and open up about them. Their songs carry the message of self-love and self-acceptance. Like the song “Epiphany”, promotes the importance loving ourselves. “Answer: Love Myself”, which acknowledges that self-love is not an easy task as loving someone else but for other people to love you, you need to love yourself first. “Magic Shop”, which is about finding comfort within yourself. “Spring Day”, which says just like how Spring comes after Winter good days will also come. “So What”, which encourages people to follow their dreams regardless of what people say and so on. These songs made me realize the importance of self-love and helped me to fight my demons. In the 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly BTS' leader RM delivered a six-minute speech in English about self-acceptance and the Love Myself campaign on the behalf of the group. This speech left an undefinable impact on me, it was incredibly inspiring for me as well as a lot of other people all around the world.

 Conclusion:

Music has shaped my life. It has helped me to face the toughest times of my life and gave me the strength to move forward. It always acts like a cure for my heart, and I find empathy in music.

 

Author’s Biodata:

Sadia Arifin, a girl who finds solace in music and wanted to show her gratitude towards the artist she loves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring the Hidden Beauty of Bangladesh's Lake District

Magic of Words